Environmental initiatives thrive on diversity and collaboration
Environment Network Manawatū Inc. (ENM) is an underpinning organisation and network that encourages and fosters Manawatū-based environmental initiatives. ENM was formed in 2000 (and incorporated in 2001) with the aim of improving communication, coordination, and cooperation between environmental community groups. We now have sixty diverse member groups, active in areas ranging from biodiversity to sustainable living. Our constitutional purposes are to:
- coordinate and communicate the efforts of the member groups to enhance the local environment;
- act as a central point of access to environmental information;
- advocate for ecological sustainability and matters of agreed environmental significance;
- work in partnership with iwi to recognise kaitiakitanga and environmental aims and objectives in common;
- liaise with similar organisations elsewhere in New Zealand and around the world as appropriate, to source and share ideas for environmental projects and issues.
We are governed by our members
ENM is unusual in being governed by its members. An Annual General Meeting is held each year, at which the Management Committee is elected. These people are drawn from our member groups and affiliate members. The Committee takes an active role in the organisation, and sets the direction for staff activities. All Welcome at the AGM, which is held in October.
Members may request a copy of Management Committee minutes from the ENM Administrator.
We are grateful to our many supporters
- Palmerston North City Council (PNCC)
- Lottery Community
- Eastern and Central Community Trust
- Community Organization Grants Scheme (COGS)
- Pub Charity
- Horizons Regional Council (HRC)
- Lion Foundation
- Shanlyn Family Trust
- Manawatū River Leaders’ Accord