Opportunities for paid employment
Environment Network Manawatu (ENM) employs a number of staff in both operational and project-specific roles. ENM, represented by its Management Committee is committed to being a good employer applying good faith principles and providing a quality working environment, as well as fair, transparent and consistent employment processes. The organisation values:
- EGALITARIANISM – we avoid hierarchy
- RESPECT – We acknowledge our personal idiosyncrasies and humanity. We have compassion for each other and our staff
- INCLUSIVENESS- While we have areas in which we may primarily work, we keep each other in the loop on a needs know basis and support each other when we observe overload.
- CONSENSUS- Is our favoured method of decision making. In doing this we acknowledge that it may take longer but the delay is worthwhile because there is better understanding of how the decision came about.
- COLLABORATION – We acknowledge that we may need to go outside our number on occasions for the expertise that we need. When there is a heavy workload in a particular area we offer to share the load. We work with each other, our members and local authorities to come up with best solutions.
30 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced trapper for this exciting field based role.
You will be joining our small delivery team of up to four field staff, carrying out critical conservation work within the Southern Ruahine Ranges and surrounding farmland. This will be a high energy position that will require you to be physically fit and to be an excellent team player confident in bush navigation. You will be experienced in and passionate about multi-species conservation pest control and wildlife monitoring.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by the closing date via email to email@example.com and must include a CV and cover letter.
A job specification for this position can be accessed on this link or by contacting Environment Network Manawatū, PO Box 1271, 145 Cuba Street, Palmerston North 4410. P:06 355 0126.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th October 2021